I Forge Iron

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dog guys post makes it perfectly clear he's not above committing fraud AND on a public forum. I have to wonder what the lawyers on retainer for the folks who manufacture and sell the blades dog buy is altering and putting "his" mark on think of the practice? 

I wonder if just buying their knives voids their trademark and copy rights? If I buy new Jeeps, put wheels and paint on them, can I rename them Jerry's maybe Frosty 4x4s and legally sell them under my mark? 

Yeah, I have to agree with Marc 1 most of what we have to offer on the forum is sympathy and some crazy ideas though some legitimate legal advice has been offered and not an hour billed!

Whatever the value of my thoughts, I'm pulling for you Steve, give him a good whoopin. I wonder what the family home is worth on the market?

Frosty The Lucky.

On 6/6/2019 at 1:05 AM, Dog_guy said:

You aware that his name is actually, Fenris, right? It’s the reason it is alliterated with the ‘ after the s. Fenris’ Forge

First of all, you mean "punctuated", not "alliterated".

Second, a single name ending in "s" takes an apostrophe and another "s" to indicated possession. "S" followed by an apostrophe and nothing else is ONLY used to indicate possession by a plural subject. In other words, "Fenris' Forge" means "Forge owned by a number of people named Fenri".

2 hours ago, JHCC said:

First of all, you mean "punctuated", not "alliterated".

Second, a single name ending in "s" takes an apostrophe and another "s" to indicated possession. "S" followed by an apostrophe and nothing else is ONLY used to indicate possession by a plural subject. In other words, "Fenris' Forge" means "Forge owned by a number of people named Fenri".

Alliterate, means to have multiple words beginning with the same letter, or letter sound. Alternatively, it is used to denote when something is spelled out. I stand by usage.

secondly, the apostrophe after the “s” denotes singular possession by the noun, when the noun ends with that “s”. You wouldn’t Fenris’s Forge. You say Fenris’ Forge.

i hope you forge iron better than you craft words in the English language. Lol 

23 minutes ago, Dog_guy said:

secondly, the apostrophe after the “s” denotes singular possession by the noun, when the noun ends with that “s”. You wouldn’t Fenris’s Forge.

You may want to check these things out before posting on a public forum.  You would indeed use "Fenris's Forge" if you were doing it properly unless the word "Fenris" was itself plural - and it's not.  You are also incorrect about "alliterated."  You can stand by it if you wish, but that doesn't change the meaning of the word.

It occurs to me that I'm wasting my time, but I've already typed this out so I guess I'll post it anyway.

1 hour ago, Buzzkill said:

You may want to check these things out before posting on a public forum.  You would indeed use "Fenris's Forge" if you were doing it properly unless the word "Fenris" was itself plural - and it's not.  You are also incorrect about "alliterated."  You can stand by it if you wish, but that doesn't change the meaning of the word.

It occurs to me that I'm wasting my time, but I've already typed this out so I guess I'll post it anyway.

Lol i’m Not an English teacher, and I don’t claim to be. Regardless, of any protests from you or anyone else on this thread about my grammar, my intent was clearly understood. That’s called communication.  You guys are trying to be jerks to me because I don’t agree with Steve Sells. Oh well, some guys are the Internet are trying to be mean to me. Lol

Maybe Steve should let you guys know exactly how he contacted Fenris about his supposed trademark infringement for a trademark that he doesn’t own? Have you guys seen the emails and message he wrote? Maybe you should so that all sides of the story are known.

52C4B9E4-55A1-4245-8DB5-DC338266ADD9.png

9E1B4666-B1F9-44F2-83CE-3D7B1D973E72.png

8A9CF713-43B8-4F20-AE70-E6F5CF25503C.png

991D1463-20EE-48F5-9555-F9B61B8697BB.png

CB6AF7A5-49EB-4A34-9E8C-08810F63AFB8.png

FF9F0984-BB47-4B17-8F5B-E7314DA32A22.png

AF195C3B-8208-4E26-BA0E-E2CBF6774157.png

C789AC87-5740-499B-B074-4EBC4628F09A.png

56A922EE-EDF0-43E4-A5F1-036990CC103A.png

Oh, and it appears that Fenris’s Forge and Fenris’ Forge both indicate singular possession....English is such a flexible language. Glad I am not the English teacher who got that wrong. Lol 

08C31BAF-6641-45A9-AFB5-F52898654746.png

Oh my ...

On the topic of apostrophe use ... There is no one right answer to show possession on a proper noun ending in s.  As long as you are consistent in your writing you can say Jones' car (my prefered way) or Jones's car also correct even when odd. 

From www.grammarbook.com

Rule 1b. Many common nouns end in the letter s (lens, cactus, bus, etc.). So do a lot of proper nouns (Mr. Jones, Texas, Christmas). There are conflicting policies and theories about how to show possession when writing such nouns. There is no right answer; the best advice is to choose a formula and stay consistent.

I wasn't asking you if you are an English teacher. It seems you should reread the post.  I was asking the English teacher you were erroneously correcting.

The interaction between you and Mr Sells is exactly as described by him. He asked you to stop using a name he has been using for twenty years and you refuse. 

I imagine this thread will be closed soon so just let me finish by saying to call your business a forge you must forge something.

Pnut

11 minutes ago, pnut said:

I wasn't asking you if you are an English teacher. It seems you should reread the post.  I was asking the English teacher you were erroneously correcting.

The interaction between you and Mr Sells is exactly as described by him. He asked you to stop using a name he has been using for twenty years and you refuse. 

I imagine this thread will be closed soon so just let me finish by saying to call your business a forge you must forge something.

Pnut

You should re-read my post. I didn’t think you were talking to me. However, I was giving clarification that I was not an English teacher (and here is where you might need to brush up your vocabulary) I corrected his erroneous critique of my usage of the English language. Perhaps go back to the Pnut gallery if you can’t add anything of value to the topics at hand, hm? Lol 

i am not Fenris either, don’t you understand that? I’m just someone that knows him and cannot abide seeing someone being bullied and trashtalked.

Message to Mr Dog_guy ... Josh or Fenris:

In life there are fights you need to win, fights you need to lose, and fights you don't need to have. 

In this case it is blatantly obvious that you don't need this fight. Your age, the nature of your business, the location of your business, the time you have been in business all will scream to the magistrate that you have little to nothing to defend but a bit of hurt pride of being caught out. 

Change the name and be done with it. 

Here is something of value to add. A guy with a belt sander chopping on other people's knife designs does not a forge make. In order to call yourself a forge you have to forge something besides a name.

Pnut 

Have a great day  and I recommend covering up your family's car the next time you are in the garage using your belt sander. The grit isn't good for the paint.

22 minutes ago, Marc1 said:

Message to Mr Dog_guy ... Josh or Fenris:

Change the name and be done with it

Apparently you can’t read either. Lol I’m not Fenris. I have had no personal interaction with Mr. Sells. I don’t have a business to rename. I know Fenris and I have posted here to support his stance that legally he has done nothing wrong. This might sound strange to you guys who only want to bully random strangers on an internet thread, but people have friends and their friends will defend them. Especially when someone someone comes along like Mr. Sells trying to be a bully and top notch jerk.

not that there is any problem with Mr. Sells initiating contact with people with xxxxxxxxx Mode activated, however, he should has xxxx  affairs in proper legal order before trying to do so.

I think you may find his bladesmihing books an enlightening read. Not that there's anything wrong with stock removal but a new skill set is always a welcome addition to my toolbox. So I bid you good day. 

Pnut 

6 minutes ago, pnut said:

Here is something of value to add. A guy with a belt sander chopping on other people's knife designs does not a forge make. In order to call yourself a forge you have to forge something besides a name.

Pnut 

Have a great day  and I recommend covering up your family's car the next time you are in the garage using your belt sander. The grit isn't good for the paint.

Lol Dude, I’m not Fenris. I am a degreed professional from the state of Texas. 

I’ll be sure to pass on your concern for his car’s paint though. (See? My consistent rule. Apostrophe then “s”, unless the word ends with an “s” lol)

You should be careful of impersonating a lawyer, you are not doing a very good job of it.  My legal affairs are in order, just because you cant find records of my registry does not mean I dont have them. Josh will be finding out soon enough sadly he wants legal trouble so now he gets it,  too bad it takes so long for the wheels of justice to turn, and the law does state first in time, first in line as well as the required defending of a trade name, that is first year business law stuff

16 minutes ago, Steve Sells said:

You should be careful of impersonating a lawyer, you are not doing a very good job of it.  My legal affairs are in order, just because you cant find records of my registry does not mean I dont have them. Josh will be finding out soon enough sadly he wants legal trouble so now he gets it,  too bad it takes so long for the wheels of justice to turn, and the law does state first in time, first in line as well as the required defending of a trade name, that is first year business law stuff

When did ever say that I was a lawyer? Is that what you took from “degreed professional”? Lol

if your business acumen is anything like your ability to communicate honestly and effectively with others, I believe Fenris and Fenris’ Forge are safe from any harm you may wish upon them.

you should be careful of impersonating someone with a trademark, when you don’t have one I suppose. Lol