I Forge Iron

Sims on PBS Craftsman's Legacy

Just got a pleasant surprise before heading to work. The Lorelei Sims episode of A Craftsman's Legacy is on PBS. I've been seeing a lot of blacksmithing on PBS here in KY. The other day Sam Stoner was on a show called Kentucky Life.  There was also a segment on a different episode of KY Life that was about a farrier in Louisville who's been working since just after WWII. I'm glad it's getting some exposure besides just Forged in Fire. 

Pnut (Mike)

I'm located where I can get the PBS channels from Ohio and Kentucky without cable. It's all I really watch. There's about eight or ten to choose from. A Craftsman's legacy was on the Ohio channel.      

Yeah, I saw that on one of our PBS stations a while ago. There was a follow up a few episodes later where Lorelei came to Eric's custom motorcycle shop, interviewed him and then he showed her how to form a fender cold from sheet stock. I really enjoy the show. He seemed a little stiff and uncomfortable in the beginning, but he grew into the job.

Steve

• 8 months later...

I just noticed how Eric Gorges was using the angle grinder and flap disc on this episode. He should know better. It looked unsafe to me. Maybe it was just the angle of the camera but I don't think so 

Pnut