I Forge Iron

Nazel serial number

also, is there a reference for foundation plans? ive found some for a 4B, but I'm looking for one for a 2 piece 2B..... I would imagine they shouldnt be the same...

The time I visited Bob he must've had 50 Nazels, Beche's, Chambersburgs, etc. from 100lbs to some serious MacDaddy outside waiting to be rebuilt, the ones ready to leave were on the other side of his shop.  His shop hammer was a 5B and it was ready to load up and leave anytime.

Sorry, you got me reminiscing there. Ask Bob I don't know of anybody who knows self contained power hammers like Bob. 

Frosty The Lucky.

Good Morning,

I do know that 'Inglis Manufacturing' made Nazel Hammers during WW2. I was looking at a 3B that was made in Canada, I phoned the appliance manufacture 'Inglis' in (?) Toronto(?) and spoke to one of the fellows that confirmed that they had made Nazel Power Hammers during the War Years. Just a tidbit of useless information.

Most of the Nazels are straight forward. Common sense should answer most questions. Some think you need a HUGE concrete block under the Anvil. I poured a concrete block with a plastic sheet under the form, on top of the shop floor. I can move the Hammer anywhere in the shop I like. I have even been known to pick up the Hammer and the concrete blocks with my Hiab and have fun somewhere else. Shop floor at home is still intact and not suffering. I know people will discuss this until the Cows come home, I have 20 years of experience with this method. The pudding is in the proof!! Maybe more foundation might be better but what colour is it? Yes, I know, what does colour have to do with it? Same discussion.

Neil

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2019 at 5:13 PM, 58er said:

also, is there a reference for foundation plans? ive found some for a 4B, but I'm looking for one for a 2 piece 2B..... I would imagine they shouldnt be the same...

2B two piece hammer foundation plans can found at The Smithsonian in their Trade Catlog division. They will email a copy to you for free   and its great