David Kailey

Update: Balcony railings coated and rosettes attached

Recommended Posts

That's quite the railing David, I see happy customers in your future.

What did you use to buck the bronze medallions when you peined the tenons?

Frosty The Lucky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2019 at 12:23 PM, Frosty said:

That's quite the railing David, I see happy customers in your future. What did you use to buck the bronze medallions when you peined the tenons?

Used a rivet set I made years back then drilled a hole the same size of the set thru a 2 x 4 x 4 steel chunk I had and then poked the set thru and welded it. Then I put my 140lb soaking wet apprentice behind that. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How long does your apprentice stay wet enough to work?

Making a set is probably better than a special buck and hand peining the heads.

Frosty The Lucky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

looks great, what type of finish for weather protection?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2019 at 7:30 PM, 58er said:

looks great, what type of finish for weather protection?

Powder coating on the rail, and clear coating on the copper.

On 5/4/2019 at 5:13 PM, Frosty said:

How long does your apprentice stay wet enough to work? Making a set is probably better than a special buck and hand peining the heads.

I have to water him down every 30 min in the summer. winter just once but he freezes up pretty quick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, David Kailey said:

I have to water him down every 30 min in the summer. winter just once but he freezes up pretty quick.

Ayup, sounds like Spokane. good to see you using traditional techniques.

Frosty The Lucky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.