Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

Welcome aboard Daniel, glad to have you. If you'l put your general location in the header you might be surprised how many members live within visiting distance. 

This general class of tool is held on the work by it's  handle and struck with a hammer. That one specifically is a punch for: making, or shaping a hole or punching things say a lock or hinge pin out of a hole or bale. Visualize a really big hinge you wish to take apart. Make sense?

If you're going to use it you'll need to grind off the mushrooming from the ends. The steel that's starting to curl on the struck end can chip and injure the user or someone close by. The mushrooming on the working (small) end just makes it work poorly even cause it to get stuck in a hole.

I can't read the maker's name but it could be almost any tool company, these are a common top tool, available off the shelf new at industrial (real) hardware or tool stores today.

Frosty The Lucky.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this