I Forge Iron

plans for new style kinyon air hammer plans

Welcome aboard, glad to have you. If you'll put your general location in the header you might be surprised how many members live within visiting distance. I believe the plans are available for sale on ABANA's site or through adds in the Anvil's Ring or Hammer's Blow.

Where have you been searching? Using "Kinyon power hammer plans" as terms I got several pages of hits on my FIRST look. 

Frosty The Lucky.

The ABANA site says they are sold out. Have tried several web address from google search all of witch are no longer valid. Most of the hits I have are from 2012 or earlier. Cant find any currant addresses or web sites. Have tried to reach Paul at pine bough forge but both of the email address I have ore no longer any good.

Mike Forest Ranch Ca

I should've taken a little better look at my search results, they aren't as good as they looked. My bad, sorry.

I haven't talked to Ron since the old Artmetal  and theforge list days. Is he still with us?  I'm seeing his "simple power hammer" plans lots of places on the net though not official plans. His improved hammer was basically a better valving system that made it much more versatile and controllable. 

I'm thinking if I couldn't locate official plans I'd download plans for a couple other air hammers and use the better valve system. IIRC Ron from when he was working on it he didn't invent anything he adapted off the shelf valves to a hammer. It shouldn't be too difficult to duplicate the work.

Being aware I've never built an air hammer so my opinion may be a good example of Dunning and Kruger's papers. 

Frosty The Lucky.

Thanks for the reply frosty.

The new style hammer has an under slung cylinder and a leaf spring. much more compact design and it looks like it will hit a lot harder than the original. anyway I'm still looking. There are several post from people who have built the new style but I can't reach any of them either. I guess I might end up building the original or just keep my guide helve hammer.

• 2 weeks later...

Same here. I got the mail address from Ron a half a year ago but for whatever reason have not been able to get the plans for the new style hammer. I also searched the net and behold,,,,, articles back to 2010 etc. I am wondering if someone is still selling the parts for the valuing etc as a kit. I will build one as I saw Jose Gomez’s and it is what I need. Help please. So many old links.

I am in Arizona , Sierra vista,,, 

13 hours ago, Preachinpilot said:

I am in Arizona , Sierra vista,

Telling us in one post isn't much good, we're not going to remember once we move on. If you put your general location in the header it'll be prominent on every post. 

Frosty The Lucky.