I Forge Iron

NC-Tool Knifemaker Anvil

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CGL,

Well you should be, that Emerson is a nice looking anvil as well as that Walnut stand your men put together for you.  My wife said she was going to get a small welder for me for Christmas.  Been needing one of those for a long time too.  Nothing expensive, just a Mig welder that will weld up to 1/4 inch steel. 

Thank you Metaldrms!  I sure plan too, hopefully they will look like tools with some practice!  lol

2 hours ago, ThomasPowers said:

No reason the forge needs to be co-located with the knife shop.  And congratulations on the anvil and stand.  I now understand why reddish brown concrete dye/stain is so popular for patios.

LOL, Yeah Thomas, my patio now has a golden boiled linseed color right around the anvil stand!  Hah, I don't figure it will last to long with my feet wearing it down!  Sure made a nice color for the stand though.  I don't think the wife noticed it yet!  

Great looking stand and anvil. That should keep a perma-grin on your face for a while.

You may not be as clumsy/accident prone as I am, but for me all those bolts sticking out from the stand would grab my ankles, pants, etc.eventually.  If you have some large wood bits you could get those sunk in where they can't grab you.   On the other hand if you don't suffer my general lack of grace it may not be an issue for you at all.