I Forge Iron
Glenn

Gas forge supplies

oh ill just send you one! i got them for 10 bux a pail so its not a big deal. ill use this for one of my 1000# glass furnaces they get rebuilt once every two to three years...ugh. send me your address ,im picking them up on tuesday, i ll send you whatever. I only need about ten or fifteen.

I just found out about inswool moldable caulking putty the other day. It's the consistency of joint compound for drywall. It seems like it would be much easier to line a forge with a moldable refractory compared  to a castable. I'm going to have to look at the entire inswool product line.

Pnut

On 7/5/2019 at 10:18 PM, Somie666 said:

Where can I get cheap fire bricks?

I saw some cheap ones on Ebay yesterday.  

Let us know how it works for you please. I don't know if the HWI product I found in a search is the same as you've scored and haven't read about it's characteristics.

Frosty The Lucky.

Greetings!

I am well on my way with my propane tank forge build.  I have only recently started to read about insulating (ridgidizing / refractory coating) the forge.  

Does the IFI store offer a kit of some kind with the necessary products to insulate my little forge?  

I suppose I would need enough blanket / insulating wool to make up the two, one inch layers of insulation, rigidizer and refractory along with a couple of bricks to lay in the bottom.  

I would be interested in purchasing the correct products from the IFI Store to do it correctly without having to piece stuff together.

Thanks,
Jim

forge_4.18.2020.JPG

Posted (edited)
On 3/31/2019 at 8:57 AM, Glenn said:

Plistix and Fire brick are available

Fire bricks pricing and availability? I'm new to this. Live in a small town (Yerington, 89447) southeast of Reno, NV. Having a hard time finding supplies etc. I see the post about Fire brick being available, but couldn't find any more details then that. I need about 14 I think. Hope I provided enough info to avoid a slaughter!

Edited by Rob338

Stickman, IFI will ship custom kits, in small quantities such as 5 pound packages of kast 30, plastix, and pints or rigidizer.  You get what you need for YOUR forge build.  PM me for what you want.

Rob338, check you PM for prices.