I Forge Iron

Grind anvil face flat or not

I'd leave it as it is.  Grinding that amount of sway out of the face will force you to remove LOTS of material, which will take years off the usable life of the anvil. Secondly, you risk going through the top plat at worst, or reaching softer material, which invites new dings and will make new sway happen faster, so you'll be grinding more as well. You cleaned it up nicely, now if you use it, it will develop it's own character. And the curves could be usefull is certain jobs. 

If you consider filling up parts (welding) ; that's even more complicated. You really need to be a skilled welder, preheat the anvil good; and have several types of specialized anvil repair sticks.

My advice; NO grinding on the anvil; use it as it is; there's plenty of life left in that one. 

Use the anvil for a year (2000 hours) before you make any changes.  You may find the blemishes the anvil now has are actually helpful.

If you want dead flat or sharp corners, get a large piece of steel and enjoy both. You can try a different radius on the corner to see what you need. A square of steel as a post anvil can have 4 edges each with a different radius. It will made a nice addition to your shop once you start using it. 

Coachmaker's anvil, well used.  I generally advise people to grind off as much of an anvil's face as they are willing to grind off on their own face---and do your own face *first*!   My go to anvil for straightening blades when I'm forging is the one with the sway in it as I can use it to push the blade slightly too far so it bounces back to dead straight.

Sometimes ABANA affiliates will have anvil repair days and people with the right equipment and training will help re-work damaged anvils----often from people who don't know squat about anvils trying to improve them!  (Like taking your car to a mechanic that doesn't know anything about engines and finding out that he got rid of all they messy dirty oil in the engine and cleaned it out and has it running *DRY*!)

Now after using your anvil extensively and still wanting it reworked I'd try to find one of those repair days---of course if you are in one of the other 150 countries that participate on this forum and not in the USA that's not an option.

Finally:   "Practical Blacksmithing", Richardson, from 1889,1890 and 1891 where it says"For my own part I am satisfied not only that sharp edges are useless, but they are also destructive of good work. I cannot account for their existence except as a relic of a time when the principles of forging were but little understood."         Vol 1 page 111