I Forge Iron

Birthday

ThomasPowers

Celebrating my Grandfather's 94th Birthday today; even more impressive as he was a US Marine at a little dust up called: Iwo Jima, Battle of, 1 ea....

When I was young he once told me that Marines didn't shave; they just took a ballpein hammer  and hammered their whiskers in and bit them off from the inside and used them as tacks...

I'll be going to NW Arkansas to celebrate it  with the family when they get back from *further* down south.  His cold tolerance is way down these days.

Wish him a happy birthday and convey my thanks too please. I missed this yesterday. 

My Uncle Dud used to tell us about driving his whiskers in and biting them off too. He said they didn't have milk and had to have beer on their Rice Crispy's for breakfast.

Frosty The Lucky.

He is a treasure to all of us.  Wish him well for me.  We lost our neighbor, Frank, about a year and a half ago.  He was 97 and fought in the Bulge.  He was an amazing guy and, like most from his generation, was too humble and underatated about his service.  I could never get him to tell me anything about his experience that spoke of his hardship.  He was living history.