Sign in to follow this  
TheoRockNazz

Skulls lockback folder

Commissioned lockback folder I just completed:
Antiqued finish S35VN blade with blued 80CrV2 spring, bronze frame/thumbstud, and patternwelded side panels.
The side panels have little skulls in the pattern, something that took a looooong time to get to work.
Let me know what yall think!

theorocknazz_20190318101659.png

theorocknazz_20190318101758.png

theorocknazz_20190318101805.png

theorocknazz_20190318101812.png

theorocknazz_20190318101815.png

Theo, it's an awesome knife but the skull doesn't pop. I had to look for it. No where near saying I could do better. It is there once you see it. I dont even have advise other than more contrast? More nickel alloys in the contrast? Dunno. Awesome work still tho. 

Beautiful work!  I’d love an estimate of the hours you have into that.  Even discounting R&D on that skull pattern it must be high.

Thank you all!

lol, yeah the skulls took forever, easily four times as many failures as successes.

The scales are indeed 3D printed cast bronze - the process allowed me to pocket them a little from the inside to reduce weight (somewhat)

That is very avant-garde,.....or art- design? ... I like it a lot, ....very cool!