A clinch block requires a bit of mass and a square edge to catch under the clenched nail (your working buy feel and that edge provides an index). In day to day operations I use the edge of my pull offs as a clench block, as for me , I would cut a length off the rat tail end and say 8-10” not counting the tail, bend it so that the file halves are to get her and the rasp sides are out (either forge the rasp teach flat or grind them down) now forge the rat tail so it fits around your hand. When you fold it in half make it so the cut edge stands just a bit proud so that when you bend the tail over it is not higher than the endgame that will be the “anvil”

after a quick search here is a clench block from a rasp, right at the top.

And an image of a comertial block with the lip extended past the loop

642963A8-B102-46D4-A72C-ADF77EC3150E.jpeg

On the internet, look up "horseshoeing competition" and  that will lead to all kinds of farrier videos that show the many ways that farriers clinch shoes.  As Charles stated above, many horseshoers just use their pull offs or whatever is in their hands at the time. Good luck.