I Forge Iron

Desert sculptures

Out in the So. Cal. ( Anza Borrego ) there are a lot of metal art pieces

done by some metal artist that are really unique. I put my dog with the pieces

so you see how big they are. Between the spring bloom and the metal works

it was a good drive

DSC_1607.JPG

DSC_1591.JPG

DARN IT! I did not want to do ANY driving in S. Cal. again but now you post this teaser so I had to search it out. HOLY MOLY! Your second pic is just part of a sea serpent sculpture. The property owner offers 3 days free camping for guests too!

I grew up in S. Cal. and Deb and I visited last summer. I really, REALLY didn't need another dose of Cal freeway driving. <grumble grumble grumble grumble > You did this to us on purpose didn't you?! 

Frosty The Lucky.

No not on purpose, but you are so right the amount of people and traffic here sucks

I retire in a few months so we will be able to travel when we want, if it wasn't for our

6 grands kids that are with us often we would be out of here!!

Deb bought a nice RV from a rental fleet and we're planning on doing a little touring and if it isn't too hot (say spring through fall) we might have to drift that far south. Hopefully back trail and avoid the major highways. Looks like a good place to eyeball. I used to spend weekends dirt biking in the Mojave, I'm having good times memories.

Then again I was having those memories on the flight down last summer and . . . 

Frosty The Lucky.

The dog is 25 lbs. Frosty if you do make it this far south, summer is to hot for that area. Late fall to early spring would be good, if you’re camping check out the east side of Salton Sea down highway111 adjacent to the chocolate mountains the camp grounds have mineral hot springs that feed all the pools nice & relaxing. I have an old jeep that I do a lot of desert travel with.

Yeah, that's about the time of year I remember it being bearable in the desert. Hot springs sound good though you haven't lived till you soak in 102 f water at -20 f. with a folded towel on your head. Best Aurora watching ever. I'll Shoot Deb the links and suggestions though I don't know if mentioning old jeep travel in the same paragraph as suggesting she drive her RV will be convincing. Maybe between both of us we'll remember to look. 

Frosty The Lucky.

All the camp grounds are RV friendly with full hook ups no off-road or dirt roads to get to them, with my Jeep I will throw in supplies and stay on the trails for a couple days if I’m in that area I will stay a night to use the pools & shower. -20 ouch I would much prefer +100, in a hot tub watching your northern lights that would be cool 

I think the south pole sauna is a tradition, I think the Discovery channel featured the icy walk. It's the only kind of bath available, summer or winter.

Paved roads and hookups I think Deb just became persuadable. I'll take -20 anytime, I can only take off so many clothes and stay out of jail but I can put on plenty. Out door hot tubing is popular here and most saunas have out side doors close. Snow only feels crunchy for the first few seconds when you roll in it. 

Frosty The Lucky.