jlpservicesinc

Flat twist Blacksmith basket..

I cleaned up the most recent one made and I came to the conclusion it is possible to do and to keep it cleanly done.. I had a couple of breakthroughs and if all goes well in the next 3 or 4 days I will give it another go.. 

I don't have a way of making the welds any better as far as simplicity goes..  so those will stay tough.. I did figure out a few other things though.. 

Here are the clean up pics before going back in for color.. I"ll spend a little more time making it a little smoother with some sand paper and wire brush.. Then I'll add some scale back.. 

it is an amazingly comfortable handle.. 

20190312_180942.jpg

20190312_181001.jpg

20190312_181012.jpg

Well,  I am all done..  I learned a bunch doing these..  I also learned that one can not be sloppy at all.. Unlike a regular basket with round or sq bar they just flow together.. 

Not so with the flat twist..  I learned so much..  a few ideas were bogus but the things I did learn were amazing.. 

It feels absolutely amazing in the hand and the pictures do it no justice.. 

I will be making a video on the subject but don't know if it will be a how to or not..   

When I started out on this journey.. I really just treated it like any other twist handle with some wiggle room..  There is 0% wiggle room this is the largest thing I learned..  There is no room for error in rod length..  I had 1 rod that was about 1/8" longer than the rest and it plagued me the whole time..   I had thought I could just message it in.. NO way.. 

I might do one more but it won't be filmed..  .. I have the footage from this one so will see about the video.. 

Ta-dah..  

20190314_175927.jpg

20190314_175934.jpg

20190314_175947.jpg