I Forge Iron

Garden shed to Blacksmiths workshop

neddidge

• 2 weeks later...

A blacksmith CAN fix most computer problems by addressing the problem in *Old School* fashion.

No electric or electric wires, and no batteries required.  No deleted material as there are no erasers. Everything is automatically sorted in chronological order, just as it was entered.  I got tired of sharpening pencils to a needle point so they could break when they touch the paper.   Now use the flat pencils that you sharpen with a knife. 

Computer problems solved.

notebook.jpg

Glen; I take a notebook and pen to the floor with me all the time to record data I don't want to trust to memory---when you have 20 different builds being worked and a bunch of them have the same numbers in their designation---just in a different order it's easy to confuse things.  Recently we had an issue which I sped up the fix for by having recorded the exact items and where they were at compared to the SysEng saying change out component XYZ with this serial number...

My notebook is blue too for obvious reasons...

just bolting down the anvil properly will eliminate nearly all the ring.. Ring is vibration and anvils vibrate a lot like  a big tuning fork.. 

I've tried lag bolts in the past and they always loosened on me.. I used some 8" ones once and they also loosened.. 

I then switched over to the mountings I had shown somewhere else..  While most call it overkill I found it to be the best way.. 

IMG_1124.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Did something like that back in the mid/late 1990's as a retirement gift for a co-worker who had a standing fishing contest with his fiancee; loser bought dinner every weekend. He, having lost multiple weeks in a row, needed an edge so I thought  "larger tackle"; so I forged a fishhook and used 1" tygon tubing as the monofilament.  In case that didn't work; I told him to switch the rules---and forged a 2' long "dry fly" out of much smaller stock and used a filament dusting wand for the hackle, 1/4" tygon tubing for it's monofilament. 

I liked the steel toed thongs from Australia...

SHOW US YOUR RACK

Check it out guys. Hopefully this starts a lot of good information you can watch in the Blacksmith community. 

On 3/31/2019 at 8:22 PM, ThomasPowers said:

I liked the steel toed thongs from Australia...

Pretty cool hey. I like this dude. 

On 3/18/2019 at 5:27 AM, jlpservicesinc said:

just bolting down the anvil properly will eliminate nearly all the ring.. Ring is vibration and anvils vibrate a lot like  a big tuning fork.. 

That looks huge. Is it just the photo

On 2/28/2019 at 1:43 PM, mutant said:

My shop is even smaller.

Far out!!!

On 2/28/2019 at 12:15 PM, Irondragon Forge & Clay said:

Welcome to IFI neddidge, I suggest reading this to get the best out of the forum. READ THIS FIRST

BTW, instead of starting new threads about the same subject, just continue with the original post.

ok cool. I find this forum a little hard to navigate. 

Huge how?   Do you mean the anvil, or the mounts?   the anvil is 175lbs.. 

I like my anvils mounted solid.. No chance of movement is ideal for me.. been doing it that way for nearly 35 years.. 

Here is the setup from a different angle and the mounts once the block rotted away.. 

20140929_140650.jpg

IMG_1123.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I just thought I would share this with the community.

I think it's pretty cool. 

On 3/11/2019 at 12:02 AM, Glenn said:

A blacksmith CAN fix most computer problems by addressing the problem in *Old School* fashion.

Computer problems solved.

notebook.jpg

HAHA