I Forge Iron

a new find....

Hi...   I'm working out the delivery logistics...   and it should be in my shop this week-end !  So you can vision the movie.. i was just trying to post a windows compatible one.

Sorry... i meant the dies.  ( And that anvil you see in the background... has been beaten to death for the better part of the last century    ;-)   )

Anybody else on the forum has a hammer like this one ??

Hi...   I'm working out the delivery logistics...   and it should be in my shop this week-end !  So you can vision the movie.. i was just trying to post a windows compatible one.

Sorry... i meant the dies.  ( And that anvil you see in the background... has been beaten to death for the better part of the last century    ;-)   )

Anybody else on the forum has a hammer like this one ??

Gotta talk to customs about duties, etc. I'd be concerned with motor compatibility, Double check it's voltage and cycle rating. I THINK Mexico runs on 50 cycle but it's been a long LONG time. 

Thomas should know. Hey T-H-O-M-A-S!!

Frosty The Lucky.

Well folks... it's now sitting outside my shop.  I don't plan moving it up north, as Mexico is where i spend my winters. I'll send more pics of it later on today or tomorrow...  BTW; i've never had problems (thru the 20+ years i've been coming here) at the customs, either bringing old stuff in, or out !!  I always declare everything as used and/or for parts... and that included fly presses, forges, anvils/swage block... you name it !  The electricity here is 127 V, 60 Hz... and the motor on that gem is a 2.5 HP Siemens, 3 Ph.  The hammer is in PERECT conditions... with original paint, nothing loose nor tight, and no discernable wear !!  It was owned by an amateur german smith till he passed away 18 yrs ago, and then forgotten about in a corner of his "taller", under a ton of detritus.  It was pure serendipity that i was scootering by there (in a corner of the city i never go thru !!), and noticed the top linkage while the garage door was opened.  Bought it on the spot (in caliente is how they say it !  ;-)  ) for the grand sum of $750 !!   :):)   The only thing missing are the dies... more on that later. (i'm still hoping that they are "discovered"..)  Anybody else on the forum has a hammer like this one, or have any info ??? 

IMG_1265.jpg

IMG_1266.jpg