I Forge Iron

Hofi

Steve Sells

Mi Shebeirach avoteinu v�imoteinu, Avraham, Yitzchak v�Yaakov, Sarah, Rivkah, Rachel v�Lei-ah, hu y�vareich et hacholim [names]. HaKadosh Baruch Hu yimalei rachamim aleihem, l�hachalimam ul�rapotam ul�hachazikam, v�yishlach lahem m�heirah r�fuah, r�fuah shleimah min hashamayim, r�fuat hanefesh ur�fuat haguf, hashta baagala uviz�man kariv. V�nomar: Amen.

(May the one who blessed our ancestors, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, Sarah, Rebecca, Rachel and Leah, bless and heal those who are ill. May the Blessed Holy One be filled with compassion for their health to be restored and their strength to be revived. May God swiftly send them a complete renewal of body and spirit, and let us say, Amen.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Uri Hofi forward

... felt absolutely no pain at all when they cut the leg off. He also said he felt good. Then he will be back in the shop.  Tomorrow he is getting his new prosthetic !! And starting to walk again on the foot

He added that 2 days ago while setting on a high chair he forged a leaf

Yeah, removing the bad parts usually eases the ailments. Good to hear he's up and on the move again. I didn't expect this to stop or even slow him down much. 

Thanks for forwarding his status to us Steve.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings people

I was today with Hofi at the annual Israeli blacksmiths meeting. He showed up in a wheel chair and he is in good spirits. He goes regularly to his smithy but he is not yet actively smithing or teaching. Needless to say everyone gave him a very warm welcome and treated him like a king!

• 3 months later...

Several days ago I mentioned I know Hofi, and was asked to post about his well being.

Several months ago one of his legs was amputated, followed by a long hospitalization and rehabilitation.

But it's only one leg, and Hofi is only 84 years young. So no biggie and he's back at the anvil. I visited him today, and disturbed him grinding a batch of several dozens hammers. He also plans to renew the classes. 

BTW - in November he will host a celebration for the 30th anneversary of the smithy (and smiithing). There will be a large log, and each guest is invited to bring a nail he forged, and stick it in the log.