Sign in to follow this  
Forge Jim

Source for Beche hammer dies?

Hi all,

I just picked up a 150kg Beché and it only came with one set of dies. I've been looking for a source for a new or used set. Anyone know of anything or where I could better start my search? Thanks!

I've got a machinist, just trying to possibly find a set before paying to get custom ones made.

19 minutes ago, marcusb said:

Tried Bob Bergman at the Postville blacksmith shop yet?

Not yet, forgot about him. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Kilovolt said:

Is there something wrong with this post?

Nope, just hard to give advice, when we don't know location. There are members from about 150 countries that participate here.

Cool, got it, but honestly if there were good dies at the right price it wouldn't matter where they came from though.

Shipping costs for smithing equipment almost always matter!

16 minutes ago, ThomasPowers said:

Shipping costs for smithing equipment almost always matter!

If the price is right then it can be cheaper then getting something made locally, even with the shipping. Thats why I bought a hammer in Germany instead of the one 20 miles from. With shipping it's still half the price!

5 minutes ago, Kilovolt said:

If the price is right then it can be cheaper then getting something made locally, even with the shipping. Thats why I bought a hammer in Germany instead of the one 20 miles from. With shipping it's still half the price!

Nice! I hope it does well for ya. Tool prices have sure gone nuts! I watched those "NASA" Nazel's at auction bring 25k and still not meet reserve a few weeks back...

Yea must be that tv show that shall not be named. I'm not collecting stuff, I'm trying to run a shop and not be broke.