I Forge Iron

What do kids like to get at craft fairs?

I've been looking around and finding no answers so I'll risk starting a thread.  I'm going to a craft fair soon and I'll be demonstrating pottery making. This folk fest (silver springs) is a stop for many schools' field trips. What type of forged items do kids like? Does anyone have ideas or experiences with selling some things? Thanks in advance.

I don't know about the craft fairs in your area; but at the state fair in New Mexico our local Affiliate sells a lot of rings made from new shiney horseshoe nails---cold bent and nail puzzles---2 16 penny nails bent so that they will interlock or come loose if aligned correctly.  They may be the cheapest thing you can buy a kid at the fair....

Knowing several kids and being a kid myself, I think I can reliably say kids like pointy things. However, that probably won't go well with the adults, lol.

I'd say little knots, small trinkets, little animals and figures I can imagine would sell well, and letters that are their initials. I don't have any experience, but I hope some of those are easy and helpful!

I got tired of small people coming to my booth and sadly asking, "Do you have anything for a dollar?" (Probably having been given $1 by their parents to allow them to "shop.")  So, I started making mini-swords by flattening double headed construction nails.  On some I will drill a hole for a jump ring so that it can be worn as a pendant.  Your can also curve the blade to make it look more like a pirate cutlass (or a saber).  I have a sign on them saying "$1 for folk 12 years old or under, $2.50 for all others."  They can also be given away to anyone you find worthy.  If a parent buys something fairly substantial it is nice to throw in a little extra for the small members of the family.  All good karma.