I Forge Iron

Help identifying this anvil.

I thought it was a Vulcan at first but there were no marking on either side of the anvil or evidence of one ever being there. .I got this anvil the other day for free, i was picking up a forge and the guy was going to give it to the scrapyard if not to me. It feels cast, it does have a ring to it, there are no seams or lines but there does seem to be some pitting from casting,. The guy who gave it to me said it was about 50 lbs but after lifting it I can tell you it weighs more than that, also when set next to my #4 badger you can see that just under 80b (because of the missing anvil) would be a reasonable weight. If I tap the hammer on the face of the anvil the hammer does bounce and the anvil does ring as well, i would like to say it is cast steel but I am hesitant as I feel  it might still be  be cast iron. (My badger is cast iron but i hear no such ring)

So the question is do you people have any idea what it is? There are some marking under the heel (or where it used to be) (Looks like "I & BC," to me) and the number 8 under the horn which probably refers to the weight.

.The other question is what should i do with it? Is there any chance that i could actually use this? or is it just a good doorstop, something to stub my toe on? or a chisel plate so that I don't mess up my main anvil?

(The photo with the anvil on top is my 40lb badger for comparison)

Any help and input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Nigiel

DSC_2145.JPG

DSC_2146.JPG

DSC_2147.JPG

DSC_2148.JPG

DSC_2149.JPG

DSC_2150.JPG

1 hour ago, Nigiel said:

Now what should i use it for???

That old girl has seen some abuse but took it on the chin and is ready to do more work for you. Hope no one decides to "repair it". 

Use it as you would any small anvil, and use the size hammer that is proportional to her size, not sledgehammer as they used on her horn and heel in the past. The face is likely to flatten and polish a bit with work, but it does not really matter. For 99 % of blacksmith work a flat smooth face is not required. If you are tempted to grind her flat, look yourself in the mirror first :P