I Forge Iron

Just a photo.

alexandr

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 pm is about sun set here too. When my eyes were younger I could read all night without a light. 

What do you call winter, black days? We sort of call it all day night. Well some of us do, what most folks call it would break the forum rules to repeat. :ph34r:

Frosty The Lucky.

• 1 month later...
30 minutes ago, George N. M. said:

Alexandr:  I recognize the Sts. Peter and Paul fortress, Peter the Great's naval monument, and the cruiser Aurora.  Is one of the buildings the Winter Palace?

"By hammer and hand all arts do stand."

The Winter Palace is on the right, behind the bridge.

3 hours ago, arkie said:

Looked like it was party boat night on the river!!

This party starts in May and ends in late September. Everyday. St. Petersburg is one of the most beautiful cities in Russia. A huge number of tourists all year round.

• 2 weeks later...

My Mother and Grandmother used to make the best apple stuff, pies of course but their apple sauce and butter were incredible. They wouldn't make cider though, no alcohol. They made other things but I don't recall what. We moved away from apple country when I was pretty young and there were other things in southern California to can without buying apples. 

I really miss their apple butter. 

What are you going to make?

Frosty The Lucky.

4 and 20 blackbirds baked in a pie?

My great grandmother used to dry apple slices instead of can them.  Dried apple pie was a winter treat indeed!  (The family got together and bought her an electric stove to cook with; but whenever "family" wasn't around she would use her wood stove as that was what she was used to.  Lived by herself into he mid 90's and was still milking her cows past 90 as well.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...