alexandr

Just a photo.

Summer is damage time for us. Tragedy here in Queensland. Only three weeks ago people were praying for rain after years of drought. Rain came.. and came.. and came. Devastation on a scale never seen here before. 300 000 head of cattle lost. A sea of water hundreds of kilometres wide has just wiped out livelihoods of graziers in North West Qld.  I know a lot of those station people from my previous work as a teacher with School of the Air.  Lovely, hard-working rural families. My heart goes out to them.

https://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/news/north-west-floods-devastate-landholders/news-story/c3a38e8d634346b94fab3861105b9655

Rough to be a Rancher out there!  We spend a lot of time praying for rain here; but it always includes a plea for moderation: "such moderate rain and showers"

Can't complain about the weather here in the SF bay area. We got a little dusting of snow on the hills last week, but it rarely freezes down at sea level. Nevertheless, California keeps burning up during the late summer months (many of the fires being quite suspicious in origin). 

March 14th. Autumn. Summer is not going to leave. Heat. 40C in places. Uncomfortable.

March 14 Spring in New Mexico USA, yesterday we had strong winds with gusts to 60 to 80 mph, they closed the road through the mountain pass, my sinuses are trashed and I still have sand in one ear from walking across the border after work yesterday.  Normal spring...

03.14   HAPPY PI DAY!

Alexandr: The "Frost -02" remark reminded me the Doctors would like my to lose 2x that much weight but putting -20 would make them happy. 

Windy and warm here today, heading for the low 40s, 10% chance of rain. Below freezing at night so folks WILL forget the wet roads are now icy. That's okay I'm sure we're ALL safer with them in the ditch.

Frosty The Lucky.

Kansas, yesterday 60*f, rain, wind 60-70mph out of the South. Today wind 40-50mph out of the North and stray snowflakes.