I Forge Iron

Common Basic Mistakes That Beginners Should Avoid

Man Up and see a Doctor!  Words to live by!     I nearly died when I was 28, six weeks after my marriage and we were pretty sure our first was on it's way.  After a bit of emergency surgery---15 minutes from diagnosis to going under and they bumped a planned cardiac surgery to put me on the table---my wife told me that if I ever ignored medical stuff again and died, she was going to KILL ME!  (Married 38 years in August; so the threat has worked so far...)

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean like how well my new diet was working to defat me? I was eating Safeway salad bar salads for lunch and drinking water when I felt hungry and losing weight fast. Woo HOO I was dropping weight like I drop puns at a meeting. Deb was bugging me to see the doctor but I had a weight loss plan that was really working. Silly woman hates to admit she's wrong. I mean SERIOUSLY I'd lost weight from 195 down to 126 in 4 months!

Then I noticed I was getting weaker even had trouble trotting across a road. Soooo one day I mentioned casually I might want to see the doc. She had me in the car in about 20 minutes she and the doc had been colluding and I was met in the waiting room when we walked in. 

Gee, blood sugar running close to 900, A1c around 10 is high? Ketoacidosis IS great for weight loss though. 

Yeah, I put the weight back on. <sigh>

Frosty The Lucky.

• 1 month later...

Scott, Or any other place inside your clothing it gets. When I was in my early 20’s I started working in a shipyard, I was working a repair job on a barge and they sent me inside the rake, against the front header, to cut out brackets with the air gouger, first time using one no instructions provided. Didn’t take long to learn how to use it 

Les, confined spaces are the worst.  I used to build barges in Portland and they were double hull and just welding in them was miserable.  Nevermind gouging slag.  Nowhere for it to fly off to.  Ricochet...  You had to follow your suitcase welder cord just to find your way back out.....;)

• 11 months later...