I Forge Iron

Trenton year ID?

sirhc37

Hi there - first time post.

I recently purchased a 90 pound trenton anvil with the following markings:

- L91 (weight i assume? Bathroom scale puts it at 90 pounds)

- U.S.A.

- SOLIDWROT

- A4850

I know that seems like a low digit serial number, but the more i look at the spacing and the depth of indentation, I think its correct. From the little I've found it appears to be an early anvil. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris

17 hours ago, sirhc37 said:

first time post.

Welcome to IFI... Have you read this yet? It will help you get the best out of the forum. https://www.iforgeiron.com/topic/53873-read-this-first/

Pretty good looking Trenton you have there. Where in the world is it located? Have you read about not grinding, milling or welding on the hardened face?

Hey there - thanks for the welcome. I did read that, thank you for the link. 

The anvil lives here with me in Boise, Idaho... I'll update my profile shortly. I have read about caring for the hardened face, appreciate the tip. I'm early in my stages of tool collecting and shop set up, currently I work too much and have too many little kids to spend much meaningful time out there! Hopefully in a few years when things slow down a little (i know, right... ha!) I'll have a decent start to playing with some hot metal. 

Thanks again!