Sign in to follow this  
Ibor

Celtic iron

Scythians were dominated by a zoomorphic motif, anthropomorphic and geometrical in Celts. As in the Scythians, the most common representations are images of mythical animals, such as Celtic circles, circles and wavy lines. Circle, sphere, etc as a symbol of the life cycle .... etc ... Long spear with a ball, period of La Tene, Germany. Length 50 cm,widest point 3.7 cm, hole 2.1 cm, weight 430 grams. An asymmetrical spear, period of La Tene, France. The length of 37.5 cm,widest point is 4.6 cm, hole 2,3,cm,weight 390 gram. Long knife, Hiebmesser, period of La Tene, Germany. Length 45 cm, widest point 4.5 cm, weight 440 gram. Shorter, engraved knife, type Durrnberg (in german language Ringknaufmesser) period of La Tene, Germany. Length 38 cm,widest point 3.7 cm, weight 310 gram ... and I forgot to add ... IMPORTANT !. Everything is forged by hand, with a hammer! Zero electric welding! Zero power hammer !!

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

Very nicely done, beautiful work. I always like to see the intricate file work along the spine of the knife.

Both knifes look like they would be awkward to hold or use. How do they feel in hand?

Thanks!
If the handle is fitted to your hand, it's great!
The balls provide a good grip and secure grip when taking a blow, no matter what, cutting or stabbing.

Beautiful work. 

I'd love to have seen you make the spears. The sockets look well made.