I Forge Iron

Greetings from Missouri

materman

Greetings from the show me state and the reason for joining was because I need a whole lot of things shown me. A little about myself, I have loved fabricating with metal all my life and self taught myself to weld at a young age. As well I love to work with metal working power tools even though most equipment I have is scrap pile salvage (like my 1890ish metal lathe).  But for some time now, I have had a itch to do some forging. Great great granddad was a life long blacksmith from the 1880s to the early 1900s and I figure it must be in my blood. Actually I have his original vise and petal powered sharpening stone. Again I joined to read up on the subject and maybe ask a few questions if I may. From looking around a bit, I see there will be a lot of reading to do for there is a bunch of content to glean from on the forum.

I did get a burner completed this evening, for I have to build a bigger casting forge for some aluminum fabricating I am backed up on. If they work out good, a couple for a forge will be in order. Enough chit chat for now back to reading and brainstorming. Again thames for letting me become a member.