I Forge Iron

Farewell. At least for a couple years.

Mark Ling

I'm thinking I should take a break from the site I'm not sure it's what it used to be, or maybe I'm not what I used to be. I'd like to thank most of y'all for being as helpful, encouraging, and as generous as y'all have been. Y'all have helped me be a better smith and a better person mostly. Y'all have encouraged me when i needed encouragement and have given me pointers when I needed critique. I'm going to be off of iforge for a while maybe a year or two and I will check in then and see what the site is like then. Those of you if you ever need to contact me I have given you my number or we are acquainted on other online platforms. Thanks again for everything I'm not sure I would be where I am today if it wasn't for y'all.

Keep the forge hot and the anvils ringing, I know I will.

Mark

I know I loved seeing what you were making as both encouragement and inspiration. You have added a lot and grown tremendously in skill since I've been here.

I wish you all the best in your time away and will try to keep in touch,

Aric aka Das

Greetings Mark, 

IFI is like a good book on blacksmithing. You put it on the shelf for a while but your curiosity will get the best of you and you will revisit it in the future. You will do well. 

As I always say. 

Forge on and make beautiful things 

Jim

I am very envious of young smiths such as yourself that have the talent and perhaps the time to invest in this craft. You have grown expedentially in a short period of time. Stay true, stay humble, as you appear to be and at every opportunity share your talent when you can. I am a bit of a geezer that has toyed in this arena for a number of years and am nowhere close to your ability. God speed young man.