Been putting this together for a little over a year. Looking for feed back on things that just are not right, or improvements that need , or should be made. I have tough skin, so let me have it.

forge 03.jpg

20181201_135705.jpg

20181201_135642.jpg

20181201_135633.jpg

20181201_135619.jpg

20181201_135607.jpg

20181201_135557.jpg

20181201_135546.jpg

20181201_135534.jpg

Looks really nice! I'd suggest making a few hooks to hang up those safety glasses that are on the bench. I've found they don't get as scratched and last a lost longer when hung up.

Looks like a great use of space! Is theft an issue in your area? My only concern would be something growing legs......

The S glasses will have a home on the plywood 1/2 wall above the bench soon.

I live in a safe neigborhood. All is in the backyard behind locked gates.

Put an electrical outlet on the pole beside the table, and another on the wall beside the hammers. 
When you get a chance, maybe a shelf just under the table top so you can slide grinders etc onto the shelf and out of the way. Adding under the table top hooks for other often used tools will save you a lot of walking.

Depending on the span between the poles, you can put say 3-4 rows of drive hooks down from the top of the pole. These can come in handy for storing lengths of metal stock up and out of the way.   

Great advise Glen. I do need to add more outlets. I was thinking of running a multi- outlet extention cord around the inside top edge of the hut. That will keep the cords off the ground when tools are in use.

And yes shelves and hooks are in the near future.

Can you heat the middle of a 6' piece of steel?  I don't see a back door or mousehole in your set up.

Gotta say, I'm diggin' how your chisels are being stored/organized!  Could you show a closeup of the one mounted to the left side of the bench? (looks like aluminum)

Very neat! (That is way TOO neat). Where is your resource accumulation area (scrap pile). That reminds me, I need to do some straightening up in my smithy. 

ThomasP  yes The forge has a back door. It is closed off most of the time. There is also a heat sheild between the forge and the propane bottle. If I need to forge some thing long the heatsheild is removed and the bottle is also moved out of the way of the heat.

Hojpoj yes they are alum. They were cut offs from a composite deck rail project I did years ago. There are holes drilled thru them to mount a screw on the inside of the 1" sq. Tube. Cant find a close up sorry.

4 elements. Lol the scrap pile is out of site.. out of my wife's mind. What you cant see, cant hurt you.

Trust me there is a pile.

Is there a door / pass through, in the hut wall behind the forge so you can heat the center of long stock? 

Tacoma? . . . Rain gutters!

Nice set up, I could work there comfortably.

Frosty The Lucky.

TY Frosty,

Dont need no stinking gutters.lol

There is a back door on the forge. Dont have a need(yet) to pass long stock thru. But when I do... I can.

New ribbon burner forge idea rolling around in my head. I will post up the idea soon to get some feed back. Kinda want to place the burner to the bottom right hand side ( pointing up) of a 16" diam tube. Resulting in to direct flame to the steel.

Dave

I really like your set up. My only concern would be the location of your O/A torch set up. It looks a little close to the gas forge, in the case of a flare up that could be a problem.

Irondragon,, dooly noted. Probably 3' away from the forge. It would have to be a runaway propane fire to get to the O/ A  tanks. By that time I would be in the front yard dailing 911.