I Forge Iron

Anchorage Ak. Earthquake 2018

SLAG

1 hour ago, JHCC said:

Da do ron-ron-ron, da do ron-ron.

That's how our Doxie pup got her name.

Hmmmm, a splash of Cap. Morgans in cocoa sounds tasty but I'm more a single malt and water guy and haven't found another mixer I like. Though sometimes I will add some to a mug of iced tea. No it's not a recommendation. 

And I highly disrecommend running dark. Last Wednesday one of the many idiots who walk on the shoulder of Vine Rd. wearing BLACK at night was killed by a hit and run. Vine doesn't even have breakdown room on the shoulders, fog line, 1'-2', ditch grade. Pedestrians don't have anywhere good to walk after dark. But NOBODY wears light colors let alone a retro-reflective vest or patch or . . . anything. Why don't they just catch a ride to one of the many cliffs around here and dive off?

Crews are working 24 hrs. on the roads, power is restored to almost everybody, last I heard there are maybe 750 homes still dark. Anch. water and waste utility has lifted the boil warning, City water tests clean and safe. Gas lines will take longer but crews are on it 24/7 till it's all good.

Things are humming. Practice shows eh?

Frosty The Lucky.

Thank God they got out, at least.

As far as winter drinks go, I’m a big fan of the Stone Wall: rum, boiling cider, a lump of butter, and a grating of fresh nutmeg. Dating from colonial times, it will make you see double and feel single.