I Forge Iron

new forge!!

Sabre

Good setup. I'm just thinking, the area looks a bit cluttered with the big log on the ground, the chair and the crate. Maybe I'm just a clutz, but I'd forge with just anvil and forge lest ye fall and hurt yourself.
I agree with the others, loose the claw hammers. I used one once on an anvil with good rebound, and whacked myself. Needless to say, I went straight out and got a ballpein. They're cheap secondhand.

lookin' good,
Archie

All right guys, I started it so I'll finish it! We got Frosty good enough for the comment on Sabre's spelling. Let's back of! We wouldn't make it without folks like Frosty, the older folks that teach us all we know. Everything I say, like what I said in my previous post, is ALWAYS in fun. Let me make it clear that it IS my intention to ALWAYS respect the elders. As should everyone! NO EXCEPTIONS!

The kidsmith and aspiring gentleman,
Dave Custer

Dave:

No disrespect meant, I thought Frosty was a funnin' with all of us. Just for the record, I have the utmost respect for Frosty. I was raised to respect my elders. I still open doors for my elders, women, children, etc. I address everyone I encounter with Yes Sir, No Sir, Yes Maam, No Maam, etc. I've even been known to help little old ladies cross the street, or carry their packages up stairs.

In the future, I shall limit any further posts here to the topic at hand. Just not worth the trouble to have someone telling me I am disrespectful. I'll leave it at that. Been good posting with ya. See ya all around.

-aaron

I didn't take it as disrespect man. I simply wanted everyone to know that it was all in fun. Thank God there are still a few good men around. I am a reenacter and I constantly have problems with people using strong language around me and women too. These are men portraying (SP?) confederate gentlemen and yet they don't abide by the #1 rule of being a gentleman. (I don't mean dressed fancy, nose in the air genteman either. Just a man with a good reputation, honest, trustworthy.) What has this place come to?
Anyway, just wanted you to know I take no offence at anything said.

The kidsmith,
Dave Custer

WHOA guys!

I was playing and expected some good natured ribbing, LOTS more than I got. I seriously expected more irreverent combos than the couple tame ones posted.

For the record GCOA = Grizzled Curmudgeons Of America.

Good grief I don't kid anyone and not expect some in return. What fun would that be? :confused:

Frosty
GCOA