I Forge Iron

Anvil Theft

I was driving through a little town on my way home from getting my vehicle repaired and out of the corner of my eye I saw the word anvil so I looked and there on a sign it said "Stolen Blacksmith Anvil, Offering $100 reward".   Being at a stop sign I quickly looked around and didn't see a blacksmith shop but did notice the person had little pieced of antique farm implements displayed on their lawn.  Someone must has walked right off with the anvil.  All the times I've driven past there and never noticed and anvil in the lawn.  

This just serves to caution us that there are bad people out there looking for anvils just sitting around waiting to be ripped off.  Prices are just too crazy high to risk having your anvils sitting out in plain sight anymore unless it weights a good 300 or 400 pounds.

I know the feeling of having something stolen. 2 years ago a hand gun was stolen from my truck during hunting season along with a knife and a tomahawk I had made. The cops had a hunch of who was breaking into cars so they raided a house and sure enough they recovered the knife and tomahawk but never the gun. 2 years later and I still haven't seen a dime in restitution. I probably should get this 66 lb anvil out of my truck and into the shop under lock and key.

On 11/9/2018 at 12:50 PM, BLDSMTH said:

I know the feeling of having something stolen. 

That's too bad.  I really despise thieves.  They don't want to work hard and buy stuff like the rest of us.  I spend a number of years catching shoplifters and can tell you that if they used all that brain energy toward finding employment, they'd be millionaires instead of deadbeats sitting in the back of a police car.  Some of these characters were some of the craftiest people I've ever seen.