I Forge Iron

S1 steel?

Im trying to upgrade by punches and chisels as I am spending more and more time re dressing and sharpening. I started out wit EN9 which is nice to forge and forgiving but deformed easily. I then tried 01 and its much harder but I have had a few exiting instances of it shattering. I was looking over some farrier tools and they had a lot of S1 tools, they claimed to be very impact resistant, hard with good edge retention. A quick google didn't return any useful info about hand forging it and using it as a blacksmith. Does anyone have any experience with it?Is it the right steel to be using? Or is it another example of a mislabelled steel that is confusing me!

Thanks

I was given some S1 pharmaceutical punches to re-use; I looked up the info in the ASM handbook and found that the main thing was that normalizing was NOT suggested. The chisel I forged from it is one of my favorites and now is a decade old and still going strong---when I make an incised twist in 1/2" A36 it never has trouble with softening!  It has not fractured with student use---though the set of dedicated tongs to hold it had catastrophic failure do to mis-striking.