I Forge Iron

YuriD

Hi guys!

I've finished this knife quite a while back but never got around to edit the videos I took and post the photos here.

I chose to go with 440C for a more maintenance friendly knife since I was going to be using it a lot. After using it for over a year, I'm very surprised and satisfied with the steel's performance. Good edge retention, easy to sharpen, does not scracth as easily as 5160, for example and didn't get a patina so far.

Here is a video with most of the process I went though:

https://youtu.be/ELHezsRhMa8

Let me know what you guys think and how I can improove on the process, geometry, heat treat, etc...

Kydex stealth molding:
ZqqPbY44zwoGNNaVMffsSdpl9lDvOIoweUyUebS0

Finished Knife and Stealth:
7xGLukmNel54-Hi0AglLYquGvmAd8JKtLLrQpNf9

• 1 year later...

The fit and finish looks to be excellent. I can't access the video, was the blade bead blasted? Good choice for handle and sheath materials.

Here in the USA camp knives are often fairly hefty as they are often abused into wood cutting for making fires, pounded through joints for cutting up game, etc.  (Personally I don't want to be carrying a heavy blade and am quite willing to have a hatchet in camp for many of those tasks; so your blade looks like one I would like!)