I Forge Iron

Beginner blacksmith looking for a decently priced anvil in Florida

Well, sir, get a real stand under that baby and you’re off to the races! I think that since you really wanted a new traditional pattern anvil, are just starting and needed other tooling, you made a good choice.

Note that the feet are pierced so that you can pass work through the hardy and pritchel holes and all the way to the floor (if your stand will allow). Think about if that’s useful to you when designing your stand and your method of anchoring the anvil to it. A long time smith on here, JLLP, recently stated that one of her newer anvils doesn’t allow for this and it’s a nuisance for how she likes to work.

Best

Steve

Nice looking anvil; ++ on letting us know how it works!

Let me quibble about "Traditional pattern": as in the last couple of centuries rather than traditional pattern as in for the last 3000 years?

People tend to use the term traditional when generally they mean the 19th century and local to their area...doesn't at all look like a traditional pattern Chinese, Japanese, French, ...anvil...or one like Gram was forged on!  If you mean London Pattern please use that term as the anvil makers of the 19th century made a bunch of different styles of which perhaps the London Pattern was most popular.