I Forge Iron

Walter from Nelson, BC

Hi all, just thought I would introduce myself, My name is Walter and I am a Tool-Aholic, I could change if I wanted to, but I don't.  I am a millwright, welder, machinist, electronics technician and computer technician by trade.

I run a tool repair shop in Nelson, BC, Canada.  We repair tools both within and out of warranty for just about every brand of power tool available.  We also offer welding and machining services.

We have a small area of the shop that has some of the basic blacksmith tools, many of which have been pushed into storage so the shop can operate.

We are looking at building a new shop and hope to have more room set aside for Smithing once the new shop gets built.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Walter

Tools expand faster than you can build;  I'm sure I can figure out a Faster than Light Travel system if I could just figure out how they do it....

I'm giving all my grandkids tools for Christmas to see if there is a genetic base to the addiction...(I did that with my kids one year, bought both daughters 3/8" VSR drills!)

I learned it from my Father; once I got into High School, Birthday and Christmas presents were Craftsman tool sets. A Cunning Plan because when I went off to College none of *his* tools tagged along.  I got heckled at college for bringing an electric drill; but by the end of the first year everyone on my floor of the dorm had borrowed it at least once! (Wow that was 43 years ago...)