I Forge Iron

It’s Finally Burning - a first build story (photo heavy)

Well I've burned it long enough that I think the Calcite has burned out.  Here's a couple links to videos of it burning last night.. Let me ask:  How's my (Dragon's) Breath?

My Dragon's Breath at 1 PSI

My Dragon's Breath at 20 PSI

Sorry about the focus, but you'll get the idea.  After all, I was filming with a phone.

On 10/4/2018 at 4:19 AM, Daguy said:

the English language.

I know this was covered already but "fora" is Latin and except for my etiological nudge my only exposure to Latin and Greek are from Paleontology books. 

On 10/4/2018 at 4:28 AM, JHCC said:

is an affectation

An affectation John? Is that what you call using words with more than two syllables on a blacksmithing forum? It's good to know the real thing though, sure beats being misinforumed. 

On 10/4/2018 at 12:50 PM, ThomasPowers said:

careful I got moderated once when I mad a typo posting something similar!

Think that's moderation Thomas? Try being moderated by a birch. . . No, don't do that, just take my word for it instead. 

The forge looks good, 1 psi has little dragon's breath and 20 psi isn't blowing 3' out the doors. Is the video slowed down? There seems to be a louder faster beginning and ending couple seconds.

Frosty The Lucky.

4 hours ago, Frosty said:

Is the video slowed down? There seems to be a louder faster beginning and ending couple seconds.

Yes, I thought using the slo-mo feature on my phone would give a better idea of what is happening. 

Part of what's happening is how fast the flames are leaving the forge, distance and speed are what we're looking for. If a video is distorted a couple stills are usually as good. I would've been pretty excited thinking flames that slow were coming from a 3/4" T.

Not griping it still looks darned good, I just wanted a little clarification.

What you really need Thomas are enough brains you can afford to lose some. I have the scars to prove it.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 2 months later...