I Forge Iron

Helicopter down.

Frosty

A brand new helicopter being flown from the factory in Texas to a Palmer based helicopter service was reported overdue Friday. Wreckage and one survivor were found just off Lituya Bay in S.E. Ak. Coastguard helicopter found the 14 yr. old survivor Fri evening, his 11 yr. old brother and Father remain missing along with a close friend of Deb's

Deb's pretty trashed emotionally right now, imagining the worst. I won't give up hope till bodies are found. Special equipment is en route to find and recover the helicopter main hull. The USCG, CAP, Civilian volunteers and AK State Troopers are carrying on the search for survivors. Air, sea and beach.

Till then I ask you to say a few words with higher for a real life version of our little RPG game. On the Beach. The survivors and family are needing a little intercession about now.

Thanks gang.

Frosty

The USCG suspended it's search Saturday afternoon. CAP, State Troopers, Forestry and Parks, services continued air, water and ground searches including K9 teams.

Sunday afternoon David King's body was found on a beach about 3/4 mile from the helicopter wreckage. 

The search has switched to a body search and recovery mission. Still missing and presumed dead are Josh and son Andrew 11yrs. Pepperd.

I didn't know Dave well but he and his wife Deb were taking K9 Nose Work classes from my Deb. Dave and I chatted a number of times and his Deb is a sweetheart of a gal. 

Two families have taken a heavy hit as did two large successful companies. I'd appreciate a few prayers for the fallen, family and friends. 

Thanks again.

Jer