I Forge Iron

Show me your stock holders or third hands

Glenn

4 hours ago, Frosty said:

I also have to comment on the couch, that has to be the nicest shop couch I think I've ever seen. 

Frosty The Lucky.

My wife's had about enough of me bringing tools in the house.  The new shop can't come fast enough for her. :lol:

It must be a girl thing, Deb won't let me either, a: hatchet by the wood stove, pliers, screw driver and her claw hammer is about it. I have to bring the cordless drill in special if I need it. 

I hope your new shop is large enough, I put up a 30' x 40' some years ago and it was getting crowded before I got the roof on, now there are paths. 

Frosty The Lucky.

4 hours ago, Frosty said:

I hope your new shop is large enough, I put up a 30' x 40' some years ago and it was getting crowded before I got the roof on, now there are paths. 

Frosty The Lucky.

Its not, Man, and I know it already.

But it's my only shot with the available land and dollars I have to spend. I've resigned myself to the fact that bigger isnt an option so I need to get my minimalist game on,  be efficient and conservative in how this thing happens and try to remain realistic and make every square foot count. 

Yeah, it's a natural law like Murphy's. No matter how many: sq/ft, lights, outlets, windows, doors, couches, it's never enough. A second floor maybe? 

And for the record, I made every sq/ft. count, every darned one has something on it, sometimes layers of somethings. The real fun comes when you give it a good shaking like the Nov 30, 2018 earthquake. It was a mixed blessing though, give a born and bred packrat's stash a good stirring and he finds things he hasn't seen in year or ever. I still haven't found those darned multi meters, bought one when wiring the house, couldn't remember where I put it and had to buy another. Then I put it where I wouldn't forget it :o! I remember clearly putting it on . . . er, something in plain sight and when I looked I'd set it on the other multi meter. That should've been clue enough eh? Well, just so I couldn't forget I put a pack of smokes and my favorite brass Zippo on them.

That was 21 years ago,  I figure someone will find them doing a remodel but I don't think I sheet rocked them into the wall. The downside of that thought is the guy we had do the finish work. He slopped everything and had an ungood sense of humor. 

Ah, gotta run to town and it's snowing, time to go play dodge de drivers. The upside to that is a goodly % of text and drive teenagers are parked in ditches. 

Frosty The Lucky.

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

couldn't remember where I put it and had to buy another.

That is my dad with tape measures. When the Pecan tree fell on the house and we had to do a little remodeling me and my mom would have to about twice a day pick up all the tape measures, i swear he has a dozen, and put them all back so he could find one. He has a habit of using something then laying it down and rather than find it go get another and the cycle repeats. He worked construction for many a year but never learned to put that tape on his belt. After his stroke me and my mom will not let him work on anything anymore. The last straw was when he wired a switch into the wall with the black wire on one side and the white on the other.