Steve Sells

Who-all's heading to Quad-State 2018 ?

got this years dates, more to follow

Steve, are going this year? I had to miss The IBA conference.           Dave 

with my work I wont know until a few days before, By Wednesday night I usually find out if I have to work weekends or not.

I'm planning to go; it's about 1500 miles each way but we have kids and grandkids along the way...

I'm leaving next Tuesday after work to head over to Quad-State, (and hit two sets of kids and grandkids and a Fiber Conference the weekend before Q-S...)

Who else is planning to attend?  Any potlucks planned?

Thomas;  currently planning to arrive Thursday Sept 20 and camp onsite with my wife the spinster.

Hoping to make it. I have a hotel reservation (ah, the benefits of travel reward programs), but we're still seeing if we can make travel, food, and other ... incidentals ... fit the budget.

Update: just got a verbal agreement from a customer and the promise of sending the deposit by the fifteenth. That will cover the cost of attending; I just need to see about the schedule.

Usually it's the last full weekend of September every year; they pulled it up a week this year which was a surprise to me but worked nicely as the Wool Gathering had also been pulled up a week so I could talk my wife the Spinster into the trip!

Sometimes things work out just the way one could hope..  That is great Thomas..  Always best to travel with the peeps..  

I will be there Friday afternoon through Sunday.  Volunteered to help out so I will be working with Richard Sullivan who will be making a gun barrel as one of the demonstrations. 

Ultimately I want to go home with an anvil.

First year Fred, (Fellow here in NM), went to Quad-State he came home with 30 anvils...and had to buy a  trailer to haul them on.   TPAAAT is usually a cheaper way to go; but Quad State is a good place if you want to walk in with cash and stagger out with an anvil.

My wife and I are headed up on Tuesday! Currently planning on hauling two trailers with two separate trucks. Be sure to stop in and say hi! 

BTW Quadstate is always the fourth weekend of the month. They didn't bump it up........but this month ended up with five weekends because the 1st was a Saturday. It seems earlier but it's always the fourth weekend. 

Camping is available onsite........you can still register online or register when you get there. Registration usually doesn't open till like Thursday or Friday morning. 

People will be arriving much earlier than that though.......Last year it was a chore finding a spot on Tuesday afternoon. 

Make sure you get registered and your camping spot paid for though.....apparently there were some issues last year of some campers not paying and the fairgrounds got a little antsy or something. It's a great event.......we all have to put in some $$$$$ to make it happen. 

BTW I am not a part of SOFA staff in any way. Just trying to put info out there so everyone knows what to do! :D

Safe travels!

Looks like I will be able to make it, but I think I missed the deadline for online registration. 

On 9/6/2018 at 7:33 PM, ThomasPowers said:

Wool Gathering had also been pulled up a week so I could talk my wife the Spinster into the trip!

One of these years I have to convince Deb she wants to attend wool gathering. We're a steel wool couple too. 

The problem I'd have is with the tailgating section I have about everything I need or want that I can't make but I have soooooo much trouble walking away from juicy tools and such.

One of these years. 

Frosty The Lucky.

I will be there Friday. Have to get home to pour concrete in the shop:rolleyes:

cant go, Just paid out $5800 on a new roof (messed up my getting a press from coal ironworks also)

Bummer. I was looking forward to meeting you in person.

(And getting my copy of The Book autographed.)

22 hours ago, Steve Sells said:

cant go, Just paid out $5800 on a new roof

Bummer Steve a roof is an expensive thing but nice to have. Next year?

I think Deb has herself convinced she wants to attend Wool Gathering and it's only about 40 miles from Quad State. I'm pretty sure she just wants to enjoy her RV and a long road trip would be cool. I may have to get a recognizable something Frosty to wear. Rufo is taken. A top hat and carrot?

I'm jazzed already.

Frosty The Lucky.

I'm trying to convince Lisa to go to Wool Gathering next year; she, Deb, and The Spinster can commiserate!

Well if it's going to be a full on gathering of the ladies and the gents/ladies over at quad state, Then it's about time I get over that way.. :) Put faces to names and all the such.. 

I'm with Iron Dwarf, only I would have a longer swim.

I could fly, but I know I couldn't resist a purchase, and Qantas frowns upon anvils in hand luggage.