I Forge Iron

Who-all's heading to Quad-State 2018 ?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I'm leaving next Tuesday after work to head over to Quad-State, (and hit two sets of kids and grandkids and a Fiber Conference the weekend before Q-S...)

Who else is planning to attend?  Any potlucks planned?

Thomas;  currently planning to arrive Thursday Sept 20 and camp onsite with my wife the spinster.

My wife and I are headed up on Tuesday! Currently planning on hauling two trailers with two separate trucks. Be sure to stop in and say hi! 

BTW Quadstate is always the fourth weekend of the month. They didn't bump it up........but this month ended up with five weekends because the 1st was a Saturday. It seems earlier but it's always the fourth weekend. 

Camping is available onsite........you can still register online or register when you get there. Registration usually doesn't open till like Thursday or Friday morning. 

People will be arriving much earlier than that though.......Last year it was a chore finding a spot on Tuesday afternoon. 

Make sure you get registered and your camping spot paid for though.....apparently there were some issues last year of some campers not paying and the fairgrounds got a little antsy or something. It's a great event.......we all have to put in some $$$$$ to make it happen. 

BTW I am not a part of SOFA staff in any way. Just trying to put info out there so everyone knows what to do! :D

Safe travels!

On 9/6/2018 at 7:33 PM, ThomasPowers said:

Wool Gathering had also been pulled up a week so I could talk my wife the Spinster into the trip!

One of these years I have to convince Deb she wants to attend wool gathering. We're a steel wool couple too. 

The problem I'd have is with the tailgating section I have about everything I need or want that I can't make but I have soooooo much trouble walking away from juicy tools and such.

One of these years. 

Frosty The Lucky.

22 hours ago, Steve Sells said:

cant go, Just paid out $5800 on a new roof

Bummer Steve a roof is an expensive thing but nice to have. Next year?

I think Deb has herself convinced she wants to attend Wool Gathering and it's only about 40 miles from Quad State. I'm pretty sure she just wants to enjoy her RV and a long road trip would be cool. I may have to get a recognizable something Frosty to wear. Rufo is taken. A top hat and carrot?

I'm jazzed already.

Frosty The Lucky.