I Forge Iron

My turn on the knifemaking TV show

Jason Fry

Everybody in the episode did good work.  Ryan got eliminated for bad welds, but the core of his blade was fine.  Rob got eliminated for that chip, but that test was ridiculous.  I lost because of a bend, but our weapons didn't break.  If you've watched lately, four or five episodes in a row have had catastrophic failure.

I can say that the contest was fair and consistent.  My weapon was better in every way, except the one that counted.  I lost fair and square.

It is super hot in that studio.  They don't tell you that, and you can't tell from TV.  I'd say 95 degrees or so minimum back there in the forging area.  25 ft away at the judging table it was nearly 90.

I thought it must be really hot in there from the number of guys that get pulled out by medics. BTW - I really liked what you said about praying for your work.. and how you don't know how God feels about Forged in Fire but you know how he feels about you (or to that effect.)  That was great!