I Forge Iron

Hello from Northern MS

TacticalGrump

I've been wanting to get into forging for a long time. I'm finally in a place to do so - I've just got to get some gear and clean out my dad's shop for the space. I've been browsing this forum for a bit and it seems like a good place for info. I'm sure I'll be reading a good portion of the backlog to try to figure out how to do this stuff. Thanks in advance for all the info I'm sure I'll be getting from here. Maybe I'll be able to add something one day. 

- Grumpy

Welcome aboard.  Feel free to start off by sharing your journey toward building and outfitting your shop.  You’d be amazed at how much money you can save with input from the frugal types here.  All you have to do is explain your need and they will one-up each other with cheaper and more efficient ways to get ‘er done.

Welcome!  You might try checking out Mississippi Forge Council for some local knowledge and classes too.  I’ve been spending a fair amount of time in MS for work lately and will probably try to work in a class or two while I’m down there.  Think there is a gentleman in Oxford who was advertising classes in their local publication.  

MS seems like a good place to pick up tools at a reasonable price, wish I had more time to look for some during the day.  Was able to stop at a couple roadside vendors and pick up some tongs and a hot cut for $20.  If leg vises weren’t such a hassle to fly back I’d have a few more in my position as well!