I Forge Iron

Pipe for ribbon burner assembly.

Mcmurder77

I’m having trouble locating black iron pipe in anything greater that 1”. Will galvanized pipe work for the plumbing from my ribbon burner to my blower or do I need to keep searching? Or will 1” Black pipe be sufficient? My forge is going to be a propane tank job following wayne’s plans. 

Thanks

Have you checked a plumbing supply place?---NOT a big box store.  Also ask about a "Black pipe nipple" a term for a short length of black iron pipe.

I note that Ferguson Plumbing supply, Hillsboro OR,  carries 2" black pipe nipples in various lengths.  Took me at least a minute to find from here on the NM/Mexico border...

I looked at furgeson but it seemed like the prices were higher than I expected($25 for a 2” nipple). I also checked my big box stores. I just wanted to make sure I was looking for the correct thing. Seems a little excessive if I have to spend upwards of $100 just in pipe for a propane tank forge. 

1 hour ago, ThomasPowers said:

there is never any need to quote the preceding post that we all just read

I guess it was kind of both. Online I was able to find them at furgeson. No big box stores, and I wasn’t 100% sure I was actually looking for the correct thing. I guess I should have phrased my question better and not when I was running on a couple hours of sleep. :)