I Forge Iron

Experience with Blacksmiths Paradise?

3 minutes ago, blacksmithhammer said:

no rust but old french paint

If it's old french paint then why is the face the same color as the body. The face show evidence of use so the face should be different than the body. Ironically it's the same color as rust?

That's not the one I'm buying but its identical....oh yeah and mine was weighed with chains but weighs the same?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, pnut said:

Maybe they didn't want to walk across the shop to get the straps? Maybe the chains were closer,maybe the strap was holding something else.  What difference does it make? 

Pnut

I am convinced that you are able to understand the difference if you read again my first message in the topic

42 minutes ago, Benona blacksmith said:

If it's old french paint then why is the face the same color as the body. The face show evidence of use so the face should be different than the body. Ironically it's the same color as rust?

because it is an old anvil with several life.

The first owner use the anvil to forge, the second owner don't use the anvil to forge but as a decoration probably outdoor and paint all the anvil.

have a look the picture below, it is the same but with different color

42 minutes ago, Benona blacksmith said:

That's not the one I'm buying but its identical....oh yeah and mine was weighed with chains but weighs the same?

please, may you post the picture of the weighing with chains of your anvil

17.jpg

Thanks Benona Blacksmith,

Perhaps may you give us more advices

Emerald ship the anvil directly to your house ?

or to a terminal ?

how far is the terminal from your house?

how much are the shipping cost ?

how much are customs duty ?

Do you use a customs broker ?

how much are the fees of the customs broker ?

what do you use for the payment ? paypal ? bank wire ? other ?

My last shipment I had sent to Chicago and this shipment I'm having sent to Detroit because of the coronavirus. I pick them up at the terminal. Chicago is 130 miles from my house. Detroit is 190 miles from my house. I do use a broker which cost me around $200. Shipping is $500 flat rate for a pallet up to 1000lbs. There are no customs duties because there antiques. If they were new there would be duties to pay. Emerald only accepts bank wires which cost me another $75. The customs broker can set up shipping to your residence though.

You know guys this is cherry picking by someone who won't say where he is is beginning to look like an unscrupulous competitor trying to make a competitor look bad. So far he's provided zero evidence of what he says, none. It's all speculation of how someone COULD cheat. 

JY is the only support so far and how interesting that he subscribed made one post and hasn't been back. Uses the same computer translated English. same words, speaking style sentence structure, etc.  He also hasn't located himself.

Am I likely to believe an anonymous witness? Who provides the only "evidence" in support of an anonymous complainant?  Anybody who makes accusations and is afraid to identify or locate himself can't be trusted to be truthful. 

Aren't you getting tired of being played for this guy's purposes? This whole thread stinks of a negative add campaign by someone of low standards and questionable honesty.

Frosty The Lucky.