I Forge Iron

i have an old piece of chassis from a horse drawn cart

I was digging up the old forge on my property and found 2 pieces of steel from an old horse drawn cart and was wondering what I could do with it. it moves well at orange heat.

They both came off the same cart/sulky and I would assume they both have the same carbon content, they both came from the forge area so I assume they were being repaired.

I would appreciate a bit of help with what to do with it, I have tried to form a small section into a knife.

There is most likely no part of a cart that is high enough carbon to make a decent knife save for springs for the seat or bed.

Spring steel could cost as much as 6 times the cost of plain wrought iron even in the 1869's (American Civil War) and so was used ONLY where is was mandatory and could be even sparingly used then---why we have axes that were 90% wrought iron and just the edge high carbon steel forge welded in.

Think of a modern car:  Is the body high carbon?  NO! Is the frame high carbon?  NO! is the driveshaft high carbon NO, (medium carbon) are the axles high carbon NO (medium carbon),  Why would you expect to find high carbon on something older where it was even less used?