I Forge Iron

Afternoon from Cow Town

tward1604

I've been wanting to forge knives since I was knee high to a grass hopper. While I was stationed on Pendleton I built my first forge by diggin a hole in the ground and filling it with broken Kingsford charcoal. With the help of my buddies wifes blow dryer I proceeded to melt my first knife when I went to heat treat it. Since then I have learned the magnet test for heat anf successfully did a hamon on my next knife in a 2 brick forge. I am in the brocess of building my first real forge out of a 12" section of 12" diameter  pipe. I keep trying to see if the boss will let me have a piece of 3" thick plate for an anvil. I look forward to learning all I can here and eating crow as little as possible

Semper

Hey! let me know if you are ever near me and I'll show you my shop and we can maybe forge something.

Littleblacksmith