Jump to content
I Forge Iron

Anybody know what this is?

Recommended Posts

A guy at work brought this in and he has no clue what it is. I've never seen one, anybody here have an idea?

That's a wingnut on the side that tightens down something else you slide into the hole on top.
The pointy piece has beveled edge on both sides, and is a little twisted (not sure if that's on purpose or not).
Overall it's pretty small, about 7-8 inches long.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like a woodworking finish scraper to me.  Fairly common in different configurations to accommodate needs of project (think of cleaning inside corners for this one).  Most of what is encountered now are Stanley scrapers with a 2-4” square or rectangular blade.  I wouldn’t use it for scraping paint, lots of newer junk for that!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...