I Forge Iron

Sisco Superior anvil with #207

My father passed away in November of last year.  We are going through items to liquidate. Pictured is an anvil we would like to price.  We have an interested buyer but don’t wan5 to over nor undersell.  Can anyone tell me about this beauty?

thank you in advance,

Dionne 

B4BBC2CC-C8B0-44B9-9D73-30BCE8B74FAF.jpeg

00220D1D-EBF4-4DEA-84D9-A338B0B42CCB.jpeg

CE26F13E-BF2D-459C-9284-8CCB2C5CBF4A.jpeg

B2507B8F-4C72-4F94-95DB-5C4CE3B2DF07.jpeg

4BE8307A-8DA5-43F5-9CCF-F9F2E4945B3F.jpeg

Excellent quality Swedish anvil.  They are highly sought after, so they get good prices. That one has a lot of life left in it, the slight edge chipping is not a deal killer by any means. I won't comment on price, as I am a cheapskate when it comes to buying anvils.

Thank you, I was told pricing was normally between .75 and $1.00 a lb. But, this was before throwing the name Sisco Superior into the mix and since saw postings of glee when one was purchased.  If assuming right, 207 is weight.  Again, father passed and I can’t tell you how he acquired, when or if he knew any history of name.  He was 89 and not computer swavy. 

Wow glad I am checking on this, glad not in such a hurry to sell at first price estimate.  Good information for us, my dad would have been impressed....being a gun collector and dealer he loved a good surprise!

Dionne, I'm in central Ms so not too far away. I've seen smaller Sweeds selling around 1k in the last couple of years. I would  say its still a sellers market. Don't touch a grinder to it at all!!!, any potential buyer will know how to handle the clean up. I would start at 1k Firm if you want to move it fast, or list it for 12-1500 if you want to give it time to grow on potential buyers. TP was right on in his previous post. In the mid to late nineties I picked those up for 50 to 100 at swap meets! Not today!

Thanks for the advice... realize this is not a source to sell ...but if you know anyone in south east or west Louisiana looking .... lol 

Again appreciate your help. 

Thanks Twisted Customs truly you all have given me confidence in what I have in hand.