I Forge Iron

TV Opportunity for six weeks

I have had an enquiry From a researcher at Lion Television. and reads as follows.

We have recently been commissioned to make a lovely series for the BBC on the Arts and Crafts movement and we are looking for artists, designers and makers to take part. I would be very grateful if you can help with our search by sharing the information below with everyone at Westpoint Forge.

The series will take a landmark look at the Arts and Crafts movement.  Exploring and celebrating the principles of the movement and visionaries like William Morris. We want to take a small group of craftspeople back in time to live and work in and an Arts and Crafts bubble. 

Showcasing the skill, beauty and worth of great craftsmanship, we’ll learn about the history of the time and principles of those behind Arts and Crafts; why it was important and how it could enrich lives. Similar in style to other ‘living history’ series like Back in Time for Dinner and Victorian Farm, we’ll follow our makers as they hand make items for the house using original tools and materials.

We are due to film over the summer for 6 weeks and we’re at the point of trying to find the perfect craftspeople to take part. In the first instance I would love to speak to anyone who is interested to tell them all about the project find out more about them and learn about their work. If you know of anyone please pass the attached application form and put them in touch with me aneesah.hussain@liontv.co.uk or 0141 331 6427.

I'll look forward to seeing that programme when it comes out, I'm a big fan of the Arts and Crafts and Art Nouveau movements. I might send them an email for curiosity's sake, though I've been an extra in a few period films before and I've got horrible memories of high waisted itchy trousers, so the thought of forging in that isn't very appealing. Some poppy themed gates and rails I've been making in an Arts and Crafts / Nouveau style, nearly finished installing as part of a memorial garden rejouvenation.20180623_093144.thumb.jpg.37aa6864de2b320d66c62fab9da49341.jpg20180611_115422.thumb.jpg.c6e6017bb01aa552d6f1f26957a267d9.jpg20180601_153139.thumb.jpg.3c126d43cb2c84cd26f82721a7aa97c2.jpg