Any clues on this tool?  There are no identifying marks on it. It is some kind of hand anvil, I guess. The top swinging piece does have a bit of mushrooming from being hammered. It has been through the local coffee shop and shown to some old geezers. But still lacks a positive ID. 

Photo06181315[1].jpg

Photo06181316[1].jpg

Photo06181316_1[1].jpg

I'd venture a guess at some sort of crimping or rivet setting tool? 

Looks like it could be set into something else or chucked in a vise with that square section. 

I'm guessing some kind of hand vise for a specific, repetitive task. Part in, thunk with hammer to secure, perform operation, thunk to release, repeat.

The brighter of the two hex head bolts looks to me like a replacement.

Nice, I'd call it a hand vise with a cam lock. I'll have to save the pics in case I ever need one, should be easy enough to make a version.

Frosty The Lucky.

Yes the brighter bolt is a replacement. The square piece it is holding has a small locator pin to stop rotation. I think a saw set would need an indention for the "set"? This tool may remain a mystery tool.......Thanks Guys                      Dave

My two cents (best guess) on this is a saw set for the teeth of two person cross cut saws. The teeth on those saws are usually about 2" long on a new saw.

Edited by Don Shears
Additional information.